2/19/2013


Hi!
Back when people still made mixtapes, I put together a series of cassettes that I called the car tapes. Each tape had a different theme or style but they all had the same basic idea behind it. Side A was the pre-party, getting pumped-up side for driving to wherever my friends and I were going, and Side B was the slower, more relaxed side for the way home.
I haven’t listened to them in years and it’s been a while that I spent that much time thinking about song lengths, transitions, and musical stories to tell, but I still love music just as much as when I made those tapes. I always feel like I never really get to listen to as much music as I’d want to, so I’m glad that I’ve had to go to work by car for a couple of months now. I know for sure that every morning and every afternoon there is some time for music – cranking it up, singing along, driving too fast.
So, here are some impressions of things I listen to while driving: the car tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment